Monday, August 6, 2012

Wedding weekend woes

This Saturday we attended the wedding of a friend of Krish's. It was a bit of a rough event for me. ;) Long story short, I fainted during the seremony, which was very awkward and embarrasing. And I forgot my dress at home. As if I wasn't stressed out enough to begin with, social anxiety nastiness and all.

For the seremony I wore my bunad, a national costume. I was going to change before dinner, but when we got to the cabin we had rented for the night, my dress was nowhere to be found. We were a bit busy before leaving home that morning and somehow I managed to leave the bag with my dress and accessories at home.  OH NOES. It was the last thing I needed after that eventful seremony. :P
We hopped in our car and drove as fast as we could to the closest mall (an hour away) and I powershopped like I've never done before. Ran in, shop, shop, shop, ran out, drove back to the wedding reception. We made it back in time for dinner. Success!

Here's the dress I was supposed to wear, my Tiki Twist dress from Dixifried.



And here's the result of my panicy shoppingsession, skirt from Lindex and a top from Vero Moda. I didn't have any jewelry with me (they were spending the weekend at home with my dress) but I did have a couple of hairflowers that I accessorized with.



Thankfully the rest of the night was uneventful for my part and I had a pretty good time. :) The bride looked beautiful, the groom very stylish. The food was delicious, the music was great, and I got to dance with my mister. <3

But I'll be sure to remember my outfit the next time. And try to not faint.

♥, S

5 comments:

  1. Your panicy outfit looks perfect to me. And how great that the colours of your flowers matched it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry to hear you fainted! I can imagine that all turned into quite the experience. But, you look simply wonderful in the outfit you did end up wearing.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both outfits look absolutely smashing. It sucks when you had one thing in mind but can't wear it for some reason, but I also find that some of my best and favourite outfits are born from those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey, I'm very sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant time and that fainted. That must have been thoroughly stressful for you. On a positive note though, you absolutely fantastic in your "tossed together" outfit, and one would never, ever know if was compiled on the fly had you not said anything.

    Here's to wishing you an infinitely better week ahead,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is terrible that you fainted. I am so sorry. Regardless of you forgetting your dress you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete