Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sunshine and smiles

Today I hopped on my bike and rode into town to meet my best friend Bente for sunshine and smiles. We did a tiny bit of shopping, which is almost obligatory when we're out and about, but mostly we enjoyed the sun.




Hi Bente!

While we were wandering around, some street musicians caught our eyes and ears. Turned out they had spent the last 10 months traveling all around the world, making money along the way by performing, and they had just returned to Norway. They were fantastic! We found ourselves singing and shyly dancing along.

BFFamily performing. You can't see in this picture, but a pretty big crowd
gathered while they were playing.

They'd brought a big map along with them the whole way, drawing in the places they visited as they went.

Bente signing their guestbook

We then stopped by a thiftstore to hunt for treasures, but we left almost emptyhanded.

How about a foot massager or two?

Pretending to look at a crochet doily for the sake of the picture

Then we headed to Solsiden, which is both a mall and a area with lots of restaurants and cafes. By this time we'd worked up an appetite, so we bought a wrap each and sat down in the grass outside.

D-e-licious!
Happily unaware I am getting sunburned
Then we called it a day and said our goodbyes. :)
I mentioned we did a little bit of shopping. Remember my last post when I said I wanted the miny coloured top from Gina Tricot as well as the tropical print one I got? Well, they didn't have my size but I ended up with this aztec print one instead:




And from the thriftstore I got this necklace/bracelet set for next to nothing:


♥, S

1 comment: